Saturday 6 January 2018

My Life In Books Part IV

Morning, and on to the final part of my reading habits of 2017


Oct

It's Raining Men by Milly Johnson - loved it - 5 stars



Nov was taken up by NaNoWriMo - I read hee haw in November!


Dec



Pictures of Lily by Paige Toon - enjoyed it but not as much as some of her others. 4 stars. Still, 4 books out of my list of 36 isn't bad for an author, is it?



Christmas at Carly's Cupcakes by Jessica Redland. Loved this. Jessica was a find for me last year and I've read everything she has written since. Bear With Me I have yet to finish as I set it aside when in a mood one day, but I shall complete this quarter. I love how some of the characters pop up in the other books. 5 stars.



The Little Village Christmas by Sue Moorcroft. ALERT - first time I've read anything by this author, although I do actually own a few of her books. Loved it. 5 stars



Christmas Under A Cranberry Sky by Holly Martin - I think I make this book 5 of Holly's this year. 5 stars.



The Christmas Wedding by Melissa Hill - I am a big fan of Melissa and bought her back catalogue a few years back, but this one didn't really do it for me, so only gets 3 stars. Maybe it's because it was so short, but it lacked the depth of characterisation of her other books. 



Christmas at Mistletoe Cove by Holly Martin - yep, last Holly book of the year - 4 stars. Again I like seeing characters from other books in subsequent books. 



Charlee and the Chocolate Shop: A Tale of Two Christmases by Jessica Redland - so glad I picked this up - loved it.  Five stars.



The Rooster Bar by John Grisham - treated myself to the hardback with my birthday vouchers. Although it dragged a little at the start and I think it got a little bogged down in legalese and detail initially, really enjoyed it so it deserves its 5 stars.



The Christmas List by Chrissie Manby - ALERT - another author I've been told to read for ages, and never got around to. I finally did and was so glad I did. Loved it. 5 stars. I've already downloaded another of hers called Just In Case.



Last but not least, I read A Christmas Wedding by Paige Toon - 5 stars and a good note to end the year on.





So, to recap, I read no classics (oops, has been a resolution for the past two years - maybe I will have to wait until the children go to school before I have sufficient time and energy to concentrate that much!), I read a couple of thrillers, no crime fiction (unless I am mistaken) and books by all of my favourite authors. But I did discover five new authors this year. That's not bad - about 1/7 of my reading material!! 



This year I have said I will read a new author every fifth book. I know you are here to keep me to that! But I have started well as I am reading Sheila Roberts' The Snow Globe and loving it.

Tune in next week to see what I might be reading this year. I have 40 books to identify after all!!

Sooz x










No comments:

Post a Comment