Monday 1 December 2014

New review for The Christmas Spirit

Another gorgeous review for The Christmas Spirit and I love the subtitle too!
AS YUMMY AS MINCE PIES AND AS WARMING AS MULLED WINE.
'When Natalie comes to temporarily run the Sugar and Spice bakery, things begin to change for everyone. Susan Buchanan has written a delightfully Christmassy story which revolves around the lives of various characters including Meredith the workaholic, Jacob who longs for a loving family, Rebecca who is going through a bad break-up and my favouri...te, Stanley, who is recently widowed and can't face life on his own. Natalie's arrival triggers good fortune for those around her, and I love how Susan has written her characters with such affection and care. The Christmas Spirit is an uplifting tale about the goodness of human nature, and I would recommend it to anyone who loves to curl up with a good festive read during the dark winter nights. Just don't forget a good slice of cake, as you WILL be hungry! I adore Susan's descriptions of food! I could vividly see Sugar and Spice in my mind, with its Christmas tree, gluhwein and every cake you can think of, and I would eat there every week if it was round the corner from me!
The Christmas Spirit is a festive treat, and I would love to read a sequel to see what had happened to all the characters by Christmas 2014.'
http://amzn.to/1wa2cas (UK) & http://amzn.to/1HQLJvr (US)

No comments:

Post a Comment