Sunday 17 February 2013

The Very Inspiring Blogger Award

Morning folks! Yes, yes, I realise I was meant to post this yesterday, but well, I was a little sleepy and bunked off for the day (mostly!)
When the sun's out in Scotland, you've got to make the most of it!
Anyway, here is the 2nd blogger award I've been nominated for this year:- The Very Inspiring Blogger Award.


The lovely Kate Frost nominated me - http://kate-frost.co.uk/blog/?p=341

Basically, the gist is I have to tell you 7 things about myself (so this will be a much shorter post than last week's award post!)

1) I used to have ailurophobia (yes, I had to look it up, too!). I am not a cat person - in fact, until very recently I was pretty terrified of them. My grandmother's cat badly scratched me when I was about four, so I figure that's where my fear of cats came from.
2) Out of the 45 countries I have visited, my favourite vacation would have to be the one I took to Kenya, because of all the animals we saw on safari (even though most of the holiday was spent at the beach!)
3) I lost 2 1/2 stone (35lbs) on WeightWatchers a few years ago - although being 7 months pregnant now, a lot of that has gone back on!
4) I love rom coms, disaster movies (eg Twister, Armageddon, The Day After Tomorrow), but have too active an imagination to watch any horror films or true crime, as I get bad nightmares.
5) One of my front teeth shouldn't be there. When I was 11, prior to an indoor athletics training session, we were playing at hide n seek in the dark, when I had a full head-on collision with a friend, which knocked me unconscious. I woke up with my tooth in my hand. So, being 11, I popped it back in. Only 4 months later, at the dentist, did she wonder why my nerve was dead...but it caused no problems and had embedded nicely, so she left it in. 29 years later, it's still going strong!
6) I had a great-uncle who was a Franciscan friar. He was delighted I was studying Italian and gave me some Latin words to work out the Italian for. I then asked him the Latin words for dog, cat, etc. When I got to car, he looked at me funny and said there isn't one - just one for chariot. Okay then. I then asked him the Latin word for washing machine - he gave up on me at that point!  #blondemoment
7) I have loads of food allergies (a total pain, being the foodie that I am). I have been allergic to kiwi fruit since I was 17 and bizarrely in my early 30s, developed allergies to peanuts, walnuts, peaches, pears, nectarines, plums, strawberries and cherries - oh and wait for it - horse dander! The last doesn't affect me much, but it's a pity I'm allergic to all that fruit that's good for me!

Anyway, those are  my 7 pieces of info.

I'd like to nominate for this award:
Terry Tyler - Romantic suspsense and women's fiction writer http://terrytyler59.blogspot.co.uk/
Dave P Perlmutter - true crime author (I haven't read Dave's book yet, but it's one of the few true crime I will, as I get the impression it's not gory, just unlucky!) http://thewrongplaceatthewrongtime.blogspot.co.uk/
Electa Graham - vampire novelist http://electagraham.com/electas-blog.html
Nicky Wells - rock star romance novelist - http://nickywellsklippert.wordpress.com/
Maria Savva - contemporary fiction novelist - http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/1418272.Maria_Savva/blog

I'm only nominating 5 instead of 15, simply because I have been nominated for three blog awards in one week and don't want to overload anyone.

The rules of the Very Inspiring Blogger Award:
  1. Display the award logo on your blog
  2. Link back to the person who nominated you
  3. State 7 things about yourself
  4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them
Tune in tomorrow, 18th Feb, when I will be featured over on The Book Tart's blog.
Have a great Sunday everyone
Sooz

2 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised you took yesterday off - sunshine in Scotland, whoop! It was a pretty decent day down in Bristol too.

    I've not visited anywhere near as many countries as you, but our honeymoon in Tanzania and the safari we did was pretty amazing. That's one stubborn tooth you have, being knocked out, popping it back in yourself and it still being OK now!

    Have a great Sunday too! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for nominating me, Sooz!
    It was nice to learn some more about you. So many allergies! You poor thing. Um.. and I hope I haven't been scaring you too much with all the cat photos I post on Facebook LOL!

    ReplyDelete