Sunday 29 July 2012

Six Sentence Sunday

Another excerpt from my upcoming novel, The Dating Game, for this week's Six Sentence Sunday.


‘Well, first of all, Trevor hesitated. 'No single guy hesitates when I ask for his number.’ 
Seeing Gill’s look at her, trying to coax some humility into her friend, Lisa said, ‘Oh well, you know what I mean. I’m not one to hold back, Gill. Anyway, that bollocks he just mentioned about his phone being off a lot.  I bet – in case it rings at an inopportune moment.’

To see other entries in Six Sentence Sunday, visit www.sixsunday.com
As always remember the link only goes live at 2pm UK time (9am EST)

The Dating Game is due to be launched Sep/Oct.  If you can't wait that long, check out my first novel, Sign of the Times -


5 comments:

  1. Having your phone off sometimes is a smart idea! Hope all is well in the UK! From Down South in the USA. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apart from constant rain, yes,all is good here, thx Patricia. Yes, am sure many people have been caught out in many circumstances because of their phones!

      Delete
  2. Great six...very natural sounding dialogue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks Christine. That's just the way Glasgow girls talk! hope all well with you, hoping to get some time to read your book later this year! Sooz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The intrigue around Trevor has got me wondering - surely that's a sign of a great six? I think so. Well done. (Always nice to find another UK writer/blogger).

    ReplyDelete